10 Apps to Boost Your Headphone’s Performance
Last Updated on by
Whether you are watching movies, playing games, or listening to music on your phone, a good audio can make or break your entertainment experience. Unfortunately, built-in speakers can be disappointing for most smartphone owners. The sound from these mobile devices are never loud enough and the audio quality is poor most of the time.
Tweaking the sound settings and using headphones might help a bit, but they are far from enough when it comes to providing users with high quality audio. So, we turn to sound booster apps. This guide will show you which sound-enhancing apps to use to get the best sound from your headphones, for both Android and iOS devices.
Tip: Clean up your system using an Android cleaner app to make sure you have enough space on your device and avoid installation errors when downloading these apps.
1. Headphones Equalizer
If you want to give your headphones a boost in performance, Headphones Equalizer is one of the best options out there. This is quite useful for headphones that came with your device. If you want to squeeze out every potential out of your headphones, this is the app for you. This app helps to improve the audio quality of almost any brand of headphones.
Here are some of the notable features of Headphones Equalizer:
- Bass Boost – Achieve the perfect sound for your headphones with correction attenuation and virtualizer.
- Bass, Midrange, Treble – Enjoy total audio control by adjusting these toggles.
- Integrated music player and system volume controls – Manage your system volume and other settings within the app.
Headphones Equalizer supports Spotify, Google Play Music, Pandora Music, and other major music players in the Google Play Store.
2. Bass Booster
Blare out your favorite metal and rock music with this Bass Booster app. You can enjoy music by boosting the volume by as loud as +10dB using the app.
Here are some of the unique features of Bass Booster:
- Choose among 20 preset for different genres – The app will automatically detect the preset according to the music being played.
- Create your own preset – You can create your own customized preset based on how you like it to sound.
- Preset for incoming calls – You can programme the app to fade out and turn down the volume during conversations.
3. Onkyo HF Player
It is extremely annoying when your headphone doesn’t sound quite right when you’re listening to your favorite songs. If there is something not quite right with the mix or you prefer a little more bass, you can use Onkyo HF Player to take control of how your headphone sounds. Its touch-adjustable equalizer allows you to:
- Select from 15,000 bands of high-definition equalization to improve audio quality
- Create and save your custom presets or choose from existing presets created by audio professionals
- Crossfade playback option lets you create a seamless mix
4. Volume Booster
Volume Booster does exactly as the name implies — it boosts your headphone’s volume. If you enjoy your music loud, but your headphones just can’t keep up, Volume Booster is the app for you. This app lets you pump up the volume in a single tap.
Here are some of the features of Volume Booster:
- Increase your headphone’s volume by up to 40%
- Boost the volume for music as well as ringtones, phone call audio, and notifications
- Connect your speakers, headsets, and headphones to boost your audio regardless of what you’re listening to
5. Bose Connect
If you’re using Bose headphones, don’t forget to download the Bose Connect app to help you get the best audio. This app is compatible with most new models of Bose headphones.
The app lets you have access to key features, such as:
- Music Share – Share your music with others using two pairs of Bose wireless headphones, with one party acting as the DJ.
- Controllable Noise Cancellation – Control how much outside noise you want to listen to by adjusting the level of the noise cancellation feature.
- Seamless updates – Download the latest software in the background and install it when you’re ready.
- Easy access to controls – Manage volume control, auto-off timer, Bluetooth connections, and battery readings within the app.
Aside from improving music quality using your Bose headphones, you can also use the app for SoundSport Pulse wireless headphones for fitness purposes.
This easy-to-use app is one of the best options for improving the sound quality of your headphones. You can use Equalizer to boost your volume or fix any distortion using the frequency sliders.
You can choose from 11 preset sound profiles depending on what you want to listen to. The paid version also lets you create a custom preset according to your preferences. If you’re looking for a bit more bass, just tap the Power button in the upper-right corner and tick off Bass Boost.
7. Equalizer FX
Equalizer FX works the same way as Equalizer, except for one major difference: this app works with Google Play Music. Most free third-party apps don’t work with streaming services. It has 12 available presets you can choose from, or you can create your own according to your taste.
The Equalizer widgets on your home screen provides easy access to the key features of the app, including Equalizer, Bass Boost, Virtualization, and Loudness Enhancer. The app automatically turns on or off according to the music player’s activity.
8. Precise Volume
Are you looking for fine-grain control over the volume of your headphones? This Precise Volume app gives you more volume control options. Instead of the default 15-step volume control for Android devices, this app gives you a 100-step alternative. Aside from fine control over volume, you can also set up the Automatic Volume feature to automatically adjust the volume depending on what you need.
When you plug in your headphones, a dialog automatically pops up asking you what headphone preset to use. Its fully-featured Equalizer, Bass Booster, and Volume Booster allows you to manage the sound quality of your headphones.
9. Super Bass Booster
If you want to enjoy super bass, the Super Bass Booster app will give your headphones the bass boost you need. This app gives you the best sound quality for your headphones, by simply adjusting the slider blocks for the volume, bass enhancement, bass booster, and virtual 3D surround.
Super Bass Booster quietly runs in the background, enhancing your sound quality not just for music but for all other types of audio.
10. Music Volume EQ – Equalizer & Booster
If you want to boost the sound quality of your headphones, you should try the Music Volume EQ app. It has nine equalizer preset you can choose from depending on your mood. You can also create and save your own preset for your headphones.
The app has a 5-band equalizer, bass boost, and virtualizer effects to help you customize your sound quality.
You don’t have to continue to suffer bad audio quality when you’re listening to music with your headphones. Just download any of the sound enhancer apps above, tweak the settings according to your taste, and enjoy your music experience. Plus, most of these apps are free, so why not?
As a Journalist by profession, April Reyes has extensive experience in writing about various topics under the sun, including technology, gadgets, travel, social media, and digital marketing. If she’s not writing articles for Software Tested and Outbyte, she’s either watching her favorite TV series or playing video games.